There are several options for becoming familiar with eLC.
- Brightspace publishes their own tutorial videos on YouTube.
- LinkedIn Learning has a series of videos available called Learning Brightspace by D2L (see below).
- There is a Learning Brightspace Compansion Course in eLC.
LinkedIn Learning (formerly known as Lynda.com) is an online learning platform composed of thousands of course videos and tutorials in a variety of different fields. Experts in those fields provide guided instruction to help users develop essential skills. UGA students, faculty, and staff have access to LinkedIn Learning through their UGA accounts.
- To log into your university LinkedIn Learning account, visit Lynda.uga.edu.
- Click the link to Login to LinkedIn Learning.
- You will be prompted to enter your UGA email. Enter your UGA email and click Continue.
- You will also need to enter your credentials to navigate through the UGA Single Sign On (SSO) process.
Learning Brightspace (eLC)
Learning Brightspace by D2L is a good introductory resource for eLC. The lists below organize videos from the course according to their usefulness in the University of Georgia context. The course as a whole is 3 hours and 10 minutes long, but using the lists below, the course can be shortened as follows:
- Essential – 1 hour 43 minutes
- Recommended (includes Essential) – 1 hour 59 minutes
- Extended (inclues Recommended and Essential) – 2 hours 39 minutes
There are eight topics in total. Using the list below you can find the training for those topics broken down in the three categories mentioned above.
- Set up automatically graded and free response quizzes and exams – 5m 22s
- Add question to quizzes – 2m 49s
- Develop a question library – 4m 41s
- Set up an assignment rubric – 6m 31s
- Design a custom rublic – 5m 5s
- Provide feedback within submission folders – 4m 4s
- Set up a self-calculating gradebook – 4m 53s
- Add gradebook items and categories – 6m 34s
- Leave feedback in the gradebook – 4m 46s
- Next steps – 1m 13s