The $50,000 Innovative Online Graduate Partnership Grant invites proposals in April to develop or revitalize a set of innovative online graduate courses. The award can be used for:
- Faculty salaries for May or June of the following year
- Student assistant labor
- Graphic design
- Media production
- Computer programing
- Hardware and software
In addition to the monetary award, our instructional designers will partner with the faculty selected for the award. We will consult on every aspect of the project, from planning, program/course design, online pedagogy, and technology development. We will also film and edit video, help you design effective learning modules, help with a variety of online authentic assessments of student knowledge, and help assess course quality.
Successful proposals contain innovative elements such as:
- A process in which graduate students create and review materials for undergraduate courses
- Gamification to support mastery learning
- Innovative ways to both present and/or peer-review students’ research
- Video-based student discussions
- Activities that involve students’ projects which impact their communities or profession
- Virtual reality labs
Applications for FY 2019 are due on 18 May 2018. Read the full Request for Proposals. Funding for this program is provided jointly by the Office of Online Learning and the Graduate School.